It's 2010, people! Okay, so this post will probably be of little interest to anyone who isn't me, as they are just my personal resolutions, but blogging is a quick way to get my ideas down and it's something for me to look back on. Here goes...
(1) Have fun this year. After the epic seriousness of last year I'm completely ready to get silly and just have a good time. Need to keep in touch with the fun people, party more, dance dance dance, be more reckless and stay positive.
(2) Be sartorially awesome. I want to look fabulous at all times! This goal will need to include the purchase of more shoes at the post-Christmas sales tomorrow with Mummy Fifi, and the wearing of more outrageous jewellry. I don't really know which look I want to go for this year though...grungy? Preppy? Super crazy alien ala Alexander McQueen? Who knows.
(3) Stay pescetarian. I ate some meat at Christmas because it looked delicious and I made an exception for myself, but I'm not completely dying for it now. I think I will just happily float along with my seafood, vegetables, tofu, soy milk and nuts. It's all good. An addition in the same category of this goal is to cook more (something besides soup in a can), drink more water and not eat out of boredom.
(4) Grow my hair long. I want long messy hair because then I can just wake up and go!
(5) Impress people at my new job. I've been warned that my first week (beginning Monday!) will be hell on Earth, but I plan to stick it out. I don't know how well I will cope with the 9-5 grind, but I figure that I can just have some fun extra curricular activities lined up for the after-work hours. I have some cute outfits to wear, there is a coffee machine, and casual Fridays actually exist. It's going to be okay.
(6) Do well at my studies. I just have to keep plugging away at my degree, even though I will probably be super-busy this year with work (and hopefully some weekend shenanigans, in alignment with Resolution #1). Next semester I am studying nutrition as an elective, so I'm kind of excited about that because it's something that I have quite the interest in.
(7) Get my driver's licence. I've been working on this one for a while but 2010 is going to be the year that I am on the road (as in, driving a car, not roadkill).